Recovering messages is available when there is a copy of them. There are simple means to regain access to deleted information. Most were introduced by developers after 2019.
- How to read deleted messages in WhatsApp
- How to restore chat history and contacts in WhatsApp
- How to back up WhatsApp correspondence
- How to delete a WhatsApp backup
- How to disable WhatsApp backup
- Is it possible to restore correspondence without a backup
- How to restore deleted photos in WhatsApp
- Programs for reading deleted messages
Recent deleted messages
If no more than 7 days have passed since deletion, you need to follow these steps to restore the data in the iPhone:
- Perform the deletion of the Whats App.
- This can be done using the application manager.
- Perform a new installation of the messenger.
- To do this, it should be downloaded and perform the installation procedure.
- Run the newly installed application.
After performing the above steps, you need to review the previously installed dialogs to make sure that the desired dialogs can be read.
Recovery occurred due to the fact that during the installation the program checks for available archives. If it can be found, the data is restored from it. Since it was created before the messages were deleted, they were saved there and can be read.
When restoring an Android smartphone, the following steps must be taken:
- Open Settings.
- Go to the application manager.
- Select the Watsap program and tap on it.
- In the menu that opens, choose to uninstall the application.
- When the uninstallation is complete, install it again.
- In the restored instance, the information should be restored.
After the procedure, you should go into the messenger and make sure that the necessary information is available.
If the deletion of information was carried out a long time ago and more than seven days have passed since then, then the above method will not work. To do this, you will need to examine the contents of the smartphone memory.
For iOS and Android, the algorithm of actions will be similar:
- Going into the memory of the device.
- It is required to go to the folder that is called WhatsApp. View its subfolders.
- Of interest is Databases. Go into it and search for the file msgstore.db.crypt.
- This is for saving the owner’s correspondence with other users.
- Copy msgstore.db crypt onto your computer. msgstore.db.crypt must be examined.
- An SQL reader is good for this. You can, for example, use Recover messages.
- Keep in mind that messages from a specific period of time are collected in this directory.
- Information is added every time you turn on the messenger.
- As soon as the time comes to make a backup, the necessary content is copied.
Over the course of your time with WhatsApp, several files with chat data are created inside the folder. Each relates to the period whose information is listed in the name. The message that was written should be stored in one of the files in that folder.
How to restore chat history and contacts in WhatsApp
If a data backup was made, you can recover data and messages using it. If it was not created, you can use the program UltData for Android, downloading it from the link
It allows you to recover various messages and data on Android. The program must be installed on your computer. To use, run the program and connect your smartphone via USB.
About the recovery of deleted messages in the messenger is explained in the video
After that, go to the developer mode on the phone, seven times pressing the line “Build Number”, located in the “Developer Options” section of the settings. Then you should allow debugging via USB.
Now you need to select the type of files to recover. Specify contacts and conversations. Next, start scanning the phone.
Text messages and phone numbers will be restored as a text or xls file.
How to back up WhatsApp messages
Creating a backup ensures that you can restore messages and the information you need, provided that it was available at the time of saving. To take advantage of this opportunity, you should know how to do the saving correctly. To do this, the user must take the following steps:
- Start the messenger.
- It is necessary to click “Settings”.
- Go to the “Chats” subsection.
- Click on the line “Backup”.
- “Backup” form opens.
- Here specify the periodicity of copying.
- The command to make a copy now is given.
To perform the backup, you need to open your Google account. This will allow you to use its storage service.
For iOS smartphones, you will need to log into your account using your Apple ID. Next, it will be necessary to activate iCloud Drive. If the user has the seventh version, then instead of the last action will need to enable “Documents and data”.
The phone number specified when registering in WhatsApp3 must match the one that is attached to the Google account or used in the Apple ID.
How to delete a WhatsApp backup
If the user doesn’t want the backup and messages to be saved, they can delete it. It can be saved in various places. One of the copies is available on the smartphone, another may be on a cloud storage service. For Android, it’s Google Drive, and for iPhone, it’s iCloud. You can also make copies of the devices to save on your computer. Deletion is done in each of these places.
For example, we will tell you how to do it on Android. On the phone, the following steps are taken for this:
- Open the file manager.
- In the memory of the smartphone, find the folder WhatsApp.
- In it, look for the Databases folder and delete it.
- To do this, make a long press on it.
- In the menu that appears, select the deletion option.
Deleting data from the cloud service will be considered using the example of using Google Drive. This requires the following steps:
- Open a Google account.
- Go to the Google Drive data storage.
- Looking for a folder with the name “WhatsApp to back up X”, where the last character stands for the phone number attached to the account. Y
- ou should do a double click on the name of the folder.
- In the menu that opens, there will be lines: “Cancel function” and “Delete data”.
- It is necessary to select the deletion.
After all backups are deleted, it will be impossible to restore them.
How to disable WhatsApp backup
Although a backup that is done regularly guarantees the preservation of data, nevertheless, some users do not like this feature. There may be various reasons for this. One of the most common is that they don’t want to waste memory creating copies.
To deactivate this feature you need to:
- Start messenger.
- Tap on the icon with the image of a gear, located at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to the “Chats” section.
- Go to the form in which you specify the frequency of copying.
- Check the “Off” box.
- Exit the settings.
After this, no backups will be created.