Sometimes you want to delete a message that has already been written and sent. The reason may be the correction of grammatical errors, the desire to correct the content, sending a message to the wrong interlocutor or another reason. WhatsApp has an advanced system for working with messages, which in most cases allows you to do with them what the participants in the conversation need.
In order to propose the desired option to the interlocutors, it is necessary to work on the existing one and make a resend. Before doing this, it is desirable to remove the wrong text not only from yourself, but also from all the interlocutors who received it. This operation can be done, but only for a limited period of time equal to 68 minutes.
- How to delete the message
- How the function of deleting messages from the interlocutor works
- How to delete WhatsApp message from the interlocutor after sending
- How to delete a message in WhatsApp chat from all participants
- How to delete voice files
- How to delete a message in WhatsApp after the time limit
- How to delete WhatsApp messages permanently
How to delete WhatsApp message
To carry out the deletion from yourself, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the correspondence in which it was sent.
- Select the desired text.
- Touch it to make it selected.
- At the top of the screen click on the trash can icon.
- A menu will open in which you select the appropriate action.
- Once “Delete from me” is tapped, the text will be deleted on the sender’s smartphone.
A notification will now be shown instead of the message that the message has been deleted and prompted to type again. To erase the notification, you need to select it and then tap on the trash can. A request to confirm deletion will be performed. You must answer it in the affirmative. This instruction applies to messages that are written on this device. If they came from the interlocutor, this procedure is performed in a different way.
How Deleting Messages from a Message Interlocutor Works
Deleting a message from your conversation partner functions in such a way that nothing can be repaired afterwards. It will not be possible to restore what was deleted. This has not been done by the developers yet and is not planned for the near future.
In order to do this operation a small amount of time is allocated. If the deletion is done in time, the message will be erased regardless of whether it was read.
How to delete WhatsApp message from the interlocutor after sending
In order to delete the text received by the interlocutor, it takes a relatively short time. The following procedure will be successful if it is not exceeded. In the future you will be able to perform deletion only on your own gadget. The deletion procedure looks like this:
- It is necessary to launch WhatsApp by clicking on its icon.
- In the active application, select the “Chats” tab.
- After clicking on it in the list you need to find the appropriate dialogue, and in it – the message that you want to delete.
- It is necessary to make a long tap on the desired line.
- After that, the message will be highlighted.
- As a result, a menu will appear in the top line with a list of available actions.
- It is necessary to tap on the icon symbolizing the deletion.
- In the menu that opens, select the option to delete and click on it.
- The text will now be deleted, but instead there will be a message reminding you that the deletion was made.
- To make it disappear, you need to make another long tap, and then select the delete command.
After performing the above actions, the message from the interlocutor will be deleted.
How to delete WhatsApp message in the chat of all participants
This deletion occurs in the same way as when you need to delete from only one recipient. In this case, it is also necessary to keep within the allotted time. The deletion procedure on Android provides the following operations:
- Selecting the message with a long tap.
- In the line that appears, click on the trash icon to select actions.
- Before the deletion is done, a menu will be shown on the screen to select the mode of operation.
- Among others, the option “Delete from All” will be available.
- The user will need to tap on it.
- The text of the message will be deleted, but in its place will remain the notification of the operation performed.
- So that it does not appear again, delete do it again.
- To do this, make a long tap on the notification.
- When the top line appears to select the action, click to delete.
- A prompt appears asking whether the user really wants to perform the action.
- It needs to be answered affirmatively by clicking on “Yes”.
Now the deletion procedure is complete. If you need to get rid of several messages, check all of them before the operation. Further actions are performed as described here. If a situation has arisen. That some of the texts were sent within an hour, and some earlier, then you can delete from other people’s accounts only in the first case. You can only delete the rest on your smartphone.
WhatsApp is a cross-platform application. When working on the iPhone, the procedure is performed in a similar way, but looks a little different. In this case, the actions will be as follows:
- Launch the application.
- Select the desired chat.
- In it, look for a message to delete.
- Make a long press on it.
- Menu of available actions appears slightly above the message.
- The delete command won’t be visible right away.
- To access it, you first need to click on the arrow on the right.
- After that, circles will appear to the left of each message.
- In them, check the boxes for all messages that you want to delete.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on the image of the trash can.
- A menu of choices will appear.
- The user can delete only on their own gadget or erase the message from all participants.
- It is necessary to select deletion in all.
- Then in the place of deleted texts, user will see: “You have deleted this message”, and in the place of his/her interlocutors: “This message has been deleted”.
- On your account, to delete a notification, you need to tap it, and then select the delete command.
If you choose to delete on your smartphone, you won’t be able to remove the text from your chat history in the future.
Watsapp messengers are used not only on mobile devices, but also on laptops and desktops. Here, it is also available to perform deletion. To do this, do actions similar to those performed in such a situation on Android or iPhone.
How to delete voice files in WhatsApp
Just like messages, you can delete voice files. To do this, an audio file is found in the desired conversation and a long tap is made on it. As a result, a menu of several lines will appear on the screen. In it, select “Delete”.
How to delete WhatsApp message after the time limit
After the time has passed, it is believed that you can only delete the message on your account. However, you can use the following method to do this:
- On your smartphone, turn on airplane mode.
- In the date and time settings, change the options so that there is no automatic detection.
- Set the date and time manually so that 68 minutes have not passed since sending.
- Perform deletions on themselves and all interlocutors.
- Set the correct date and time and disable the flight mode.
This method works only in cases where the message has not yet been read by the interlocutor.
How to delete WhatsApp correspondence permanently
If you erase previously made messages, their deletion will be final. The developers did not provide for the recovery of once deleted texts. Therefore, when deciding from certain messages, you need to take into account the fact that it will not be possible to recover what has been lost.